SuperLauncher DAO Introduces OTC Marketplace for Illiquid Investments
We are extremely excited to share that the OTC Marketplace is now live! This serves as a major milestone for SuperLauncher ever since we decided to enter the early-stage funding arena. You can now trade your Bit Hotel Seed Round Certificates, and any future Certificates securely in the OTC Marketplace. You may also split, combine or transfer your Certificates.
This also opens up the doors for the DAO to acquire and fractionalise prized NFT assets, which can then be collectively owned, and freely traded across the marketplace.
Check it out here: https://superlauncher.io/marketplace
Sellers can negotiate with buyers in the OTC Marketplace Deal Room
What is a Certificate?
Participating in seed and private rounds means that investors have to sign a SAFT, (Simple Agreement for Future Tokens). Trading these SAFTs requires one to rely on escrow agents, which is cumbersome and involves an element of trust.
When you subscribe to an early-stage funding opportunity (Seed/Private Rounds) through SuperLauncher, you will receive a Certificate (NFT) that is a claim to your future token claims. You can trade these Certificates securely through the OTC marketplace, or claim your tokens when they vest.
In the future, this can similarly, be applied to fractionalize ownership for prized NFT assets that the DAO acquires.
How does the OTC Marketplace work?
- Sellers: List your Certificates in BNB, BUSD, USDT, USDC or DAI. 0% Fees.
- Buyers: Select the Certificate you wish to purchase. 2% Fee applies.
- The split and combine feature will be released in the next marketplace update, where sellers can split their Certificates and sell them in small portions (Now Live)
- Traders can use Discord to interact and discuss pricing.
Why is this such a big deal?
- Holding on to a Certificate is akin to holding on to a SAFT, just much more efficient, liquid, and digital ;)
- Participants in Seed/Private Round will get a ‘Certificate’, which serves as an entitlement for future token claims.
- These Certificates can be traded securely on the OTC marketplace, before or after the token lists.
- This gives early project backers the liquidity that they may require from time to time and creates a secondary market for new investors who might be keen to purchase a seed/private round allocation after it has concluded.
- The DAO can also acquire prized NFT assets such as a Cryptopunk or CyberKong collectively, fractionalise its ownership, and trade it freely.
The release of the OTC Marketplace comes after a successful audit by Certik Foundation. Stay tuned for more feature updates in the coming weeks!
SuperLauncher is an investment DAO that funds and collaborates with projects that are shaping the future of the blockchain. We facilitate mass participation in Seed/Private/IDO rounds through our smart contract architecture and offer a feature-rich platform that powers flexible and decentralized management of capital.